' One stop solution to your green sand system problems '
Are you facing any of the following problems ?
- 1. High / erratic sand related rejections.
- 2. Inconsistent sand properties.
- 3. Poor surface finish / peel-off of castings.
- 4. High fettling cost / time.
- 5. High green sand system cost.
The salient features of MAGNAKOL :
- Better thermal stability of the product.
- Optimum lustrous carbon content.
- Lower ash content of the product.
- Unmatched consistency.
MAGNAKOL offers following Benefits:
- Consistent green sand system properties.
- Excellent surface finish for your castings.
- Reduced green sand related defects.
A green sand additive with High thermal Stability
The Magnakol is a coal dust substitute for green sand which gives good peel off and excellent surface finish to the castings.
Conventionally foundries have been using Coal Dust and Proprietary Coal Dust Substitutes to get good surface finish of castings. As compared to conventional coal dust substitutes, Magnakol range of products exhibit higher thermal stability, thereby giving superior surface finish of castings at optimum addition levels. Magnakol is specially designed, keeping in mind growing quality needs of the casting buyers to have castings with excellent surface finishes. Selective raw materials of consistent quality, enable MAGNAKOL to work at lower addition levels consistently. Magankol is specifically formulated to give optimum lustrous carbon, at casting temperatures.
Features and Benefits
- High Thermal Stability : High thermal of magnakol ensures optimum generation of lustrous carbon coupled with minimum burnout, across depth of the mould. This helps to reduce additions of Magnakol to maintain the desired surface finish of castings.
- Low Ash Content : Low ash content in Magnakol helps the sand system to minimize the dead clay generation, which enables to reduce new sand addition. With reduced new sand addition, the bentonite requirement also goes down which ultimately reduces the overall green sand system cost.
- Optimum Lustrous Carbon : Optimum lustrous carbon at casting temperatures imparts excellent surface finish to castings, which reduces fettling costs substantially.
- Low Bulk Density : Low bulk density of magnakol helps its uniform distribution in the sand system and also makes it occupy more interstitial spaces between the sand grains. This ensures adequate cushioning during hot expansion of the green sand resulting in antiscabbing properties.
- Consistent Properties : Controlled properties of Magnakol ensures low fluctuations in physical properties PROPERTIES of green sand and variations are kept to the minimum.
- Eco Friendly : Dust damped nature of MAGNAKOL helps to minimize dust generation thereby keeping working environment clean.
- Services : Magna Industries helps in testing of various sand properties and establishing control over green sand system which ultimately results in excellent quality castings with optimization of green sand cost.
In order to achieve best results with MAGNAKOL optimized control over the properties of green sand system is a must. Addition levels of MAGNAKOL are arrived at based on volatile matter of sand system in relation to the surface finish requirement. The actual addition level depends on metal to sand ratio, pouring temperature and desired level of casting finish. To establish the benefits of MAGNAKOL it is recommended to run a trial campaign of at least 10 to 15 complete cycles of system sand.
MAGNAKOL is available in 50 kg. HDPE bags.
One year from date of manufacturing.
Magnakol is very stable product and does not suffer from problems like auto ignition. Magnakol should be stored in well ventilated and covered place. Exposure to direct sunlight should be avoided. Stacking of Magnakol in several layers may lead to lumping of product.