Magnaseed range of inoculants provide solutions to the foundries on following problems :
- Poor machinability.
- Inconsistency in chill reduction / chilled edges.
- Poor metallurgical properties.
- Inferior mechanical properties.
More than 100 foundries have witnessed following benefits with Magnaseed range of inoculants :
- Improved machinability
- Superior chill reduction potency.
- Improved metallurgical & mechanical properties.
- Wide range suitable for different metal chemistry and ladle sizes.
- Provides techno-commercial benefits.
MAGNASEED is a range of inoculants suitable for grey and S.G.Iron for getting desired chill reduction, machinability coupled with improvement in mechanical properties.
Traditionally foundries use ferro-silicon, graphite calcium, barium and rare earth elements as inoculating agents. These are added to the melt separately or collectively as the need arises. A balance of these elements is perfectly struck in MAGNASEED an inoculant, which gives consistent results melt after melt. An appropriate grade of MAGNASEED can be chosen depending on melting practice, metal chemistry and desired results.
Features and Benefits
- Perfect Composition : Presence of various elements in the required proportion makes MAGNASEED most effective inoculant to give improved mechanical and metallurgical properties.
- Size Grading : Magna Industries is equipped with full fledged granulation facility, which enables it to exercise precise control on particle size of the product.Controlled size grading of MAGNASEED helps in appropriate rate of dissolution, thereby making it more effective and gives adequate fade resistance.
- Wide Range : MAGNASEED is available in wide range, suitable for different castings applications depending on mechanical and metallurgical properties desired by the casting buyer.
Instructions For Use THE addition rate of MAGNASEED varies from foundry to foundry. Exact addition rate needs to be finalized keeping in mind the base mental chemistry, fade time required and the type of mechanical and metallurgical properties desired by the casting buyer. Magnaseed is available in different grades as per the details given in the table overleaf. This feature makes it suitable for all types of applications in grey and S.G.Iron castings.
Select right grade of magnaseed from application given overleaf Magnaseed should be divided in metal stream as the ladle is getting filled. To ensure proper dissolution, start adding Magnaseed when 1/4th ladle is filled and complete the addition before 3/4th is ladle filled.
For best result it is suggested to maintain sulphur to a minimum level of 0.05%.
Do no add MAGNASEED at the bottom or top of the ladle.
One year from date of manufacturing, provided properly stored without damaging the packing.
To be stored in a cool and dry place.